Minister Cindy Holmes received her call to the gospel ministry in 1994 and was licensed to preach in April of 1995, at her home church, Bethlehem Baptist Church in Penllyn, PA, where the Reverend Charles Quann is pastor. While at Bethlehem she was able to discover and develop her gifts through preaching, teaching and officiating over worship services.
In 2000 Minister Holmes moved to Columbus OH, to attend Valor Christian College (formerly World Harvest Bible College), to further her education and training. She graduated in 2004 with a degree in Pastoral and Church Leadership. During her stay in Ohio, she attended World Harvest Church. There under the leadership of Pastor Rod Parsley, she worked and volunteered in various areas of the ministry such as the Intercessory Prayer Team, the Breakthrough Prayer Lines, and the Metro Harvest Outreach Ministry.
Over the years, she had the pleasure of serving in several other creative ministries. They are as follows...
The Adult Christian Fellowship Ministry
A ministry for adults to get together for fellowship and various activities throughout the year.
- Served as president and Bible study teacher
- Coordinated yearly retreats, workshops and conferences
- Sponsored a fundraising dinner to raise money for a young man with cancer
The Puppeteers of Praise Ministry
A soul winning outreach ministry using puppets, music and drama to deliver the word of God to the young and the young at heart.
- Directed an awesome team of young people between the ages of 10 and 16
- Ministered at Children's homes, nursing homes, church picnics and community functions
- Witnessed children giving their lives to Christ and the hearts of adults being changed
I am a New Creation in Christ, New Member's Class
Four weeks of new member classes, specifically designed for the youth to help them better understand their commitment to Christ and the church.
- Served as coordinator and teacher
- Developed teaching materials regarding salvation, baptism, communion and prayer
Youth Explosion Revival
A series of outreach tent revivals geared to reach the youth outside the walls of the church.
- Theme: "I Have the Power to Live", 2 Peter 1:3-4
- Various speakers talked to the youth about avoiding the pitfalls of drugs and alcohol
- Young people were ministered to through the word of God, testimonies, dance and drama lead by their peers
Youth Mission Trip, Puerto Rico
This was a working mission trip to help restore homes, churches and mission compounds damaged by hurricanes in 1998.
- Served as a group leader
- Conducted prayer, praise and worship during evening devotions
- Ministered to abandoned children in a local orphanage
Minister Holmes resides in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. She enjoys helping people and working with children. She also enjoys family gatherings, especially at Christmas time. One of her favorite scriptures is...
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.